The devolved government for Scotland, which wanted to retain commercial and financial control as it outsourced services for the first time to private providers.
Project Manager – outsourcing highways maintenance services.
To manage the project that developed and implemented commercial management and project controls solutions for the Bear joint venture, one of the successful bidders.
- Understanding the intricacies of commercial construction and fixed-term maintenance contracts.
- Ability to interpret the idiosyncrasies of a new form of contract.
- Clear communication of contract requirements to all parties.
- Major contributor to bid documents.
- Produced detailed specification for business system.
- Managed the software development project that produced the new business system.
- Liaised with key stakeholders to gain acceptance of the solution.
- Managed the implementation of the new business system